COVID-19 Client Protocol Statement
As we prepare to re-open our doors, we wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your ongoing support and understanding during this unusual time. This COVID-19 client protocol statement details the key steps that we are taking to keep you, our team and other clients safe in our salon and to allow us to continue to effectively offer our full range of treatments. There are a number of steps that we are kindly asking you to assist us with before, during and after your appointment to enable us to remain COVID SECURE, so please do continue to read through this document thoroughly.
Be assured that we are confident we can safely welcome you back to our salon and know that there is a warm and welcoming smile behind the visors. Our team are always here to help you if you have any questions, concerns or need assistance.
Before your appointment:
- Please read these documents. You will be sent any information you need prior to your appointment either by email, SMS or in your booking confirmation and they will contain a link to this COVID-19 Client Protocol Statement alongside our client consultation forms and COVID-19 declaration. Please ensure that you read these documents thoroughly prior to attending your appointment to save time spent in the salon and ensure that you comply with the contents. By attending your appointment, you are confirming that you have read and agree to the contents of this statement. If for any reason you don’t receive this, you will be given the form when you arrive at the salon.
- Reschedule / Cancel. Please reschedule your appointment with as much notice as possible if you or anyone you have come into contact with; feel unwell, have symptoms of coronavirus (including a high temperature, new continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste), have tested positive for coronavirus or are waiting for a test for coronavirus.
- Patch Testing. Some of our treatments require a patch test at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. An appointment is required for this. Please kindly note that even if you have had the treatment before you may need a new patch test to comply with our insurance.
- Attend alone. We kindly ask that you do not bring anyone else with you to your appointment (including babies or children) to minimise the amount of people in the salon. If you are attending as a carer or with a minor for their appointment, please just inform reception and we can allocate you to the most suitable treatment room.
- Arrival time. In order to minimise your exposure to other clients and to allow us to schedule clients effectively please kindly arrive for your appointment on time. Our current waiting area will be closed to limit the number of people in the salon.
- Salon Entrance. There maybe be a sign outside the front door directing you to another entrance around the side of the salon. This area is larger than our forecourt and will enable social distancing and us to create a one-way system throughout the salon. You will be taken into your treatment space by a salon host. If you do not have an appointment booked but want to make purchase or need any assistance, please ring the doorbell and our receptionist will let you in and happily assist you in anyway.
- PPE. It is preferable if you can bring your own face mask to your appointment, please put this on before entering the salon. If you do not have a mask, please do not worry as we can supply you with one, however a small fee maybe added to your appointment. Should any other PPE be applicable during your treatment, this will of course be provided for you.
- Sanitise. Upon entry to the salon you will be asked to sanitise your hands using our automatic touch-less sanitising station. There will also be various sanitising stations throughout the salon.
- Treatment Areas. Our treatment rooms are well appointed and have sinks for hygiene and each room has a window to allow good ventilation.
- Nail Bar and Pedicure Area. We have limited the number of nails that can be done at one time, this has been reduced to two from four to enable safe social distancing. You may have your Manicure or Pedicure carried out in one of our treatment rooms if required.
- Personal Belongings. Please try to minimise the possessions that you bring into the salon to avoid contamination of surfaces etc. There will be a plastic box with a lid in all treatment rooms where we will ask you to put your belongings in. This makes it easier for your therapist to sanitise after your treatment.
- Maintain safe distancing. Whilst it may not be possible to maintain a safe distance during your treatment, at all other times please ensure that you comply with safe distancing and stay 2 metres apart from other clients and staff and follow the one way route when in the salon.
- Professional cleaning. Prior to reopening, the entire salon will undergo a full professional deep clean and alongside our regular professional cleans. All staff will also continue to maintain the high standards of cleaning throughout the day.
Additional safety measures:
We have implemented several additional changes to increase safety for you and our team within the salon.
- Our team will be wearing appropriate PPE which may include face masks, face shields, gloves and aprons and we will continue to maintain a strict regime of hand washing and sanitisation.
- Hand washing facilities or hand sanitiser are available in all treatment rooms and areas of the salon.
- Perspex screens have been installed on our reception desk and manicure stations as additional precautionary measures.
- We have always maintained the highest level of general hygiene and cleanliness within the salon and this will continue. Treatment areas will be fully disinfected after each use. Disposable items will be used where possible and any reusable tools will undergo medical grade disinfection.
- Any frequently touched surfaces in our communal areas such as door handles etc, will be regularly disinfected in accordance with our cleaning protocol.
- All soft furnishings have been removed from treatment rooms to allow for these areas to be easily and quickly disinfected after each client.
- Please be assured that for any treatments where we do continue to use towels, these are laundered with effective elimination of any bacteria or viruses.
- We want to continue offering our luxury touches as far as we possibly can, however we will be unable to provide any hot drinks. Water will still be available but will be served in disposable (and biodegradable) cups.
- Our bathroom facility will be available for use as normal. This will be cleaned and disinfected regularly. We have introduced single use towels to avoid cross contamination.
During your treatment:
- Consultation Forms. If applicable, we have added enough time for you to complete your consultation form within your treatment time. This will be done within one of our treatment rooms. Not in our reception area. You may also find this will be emailed to you prior to your visit.
- Masks. For facial treatments you will be asked to remove your mask once the treatment begins. Your therapist will continue to wear all appropriate PPE throughout your treatment. You will then be asked to put your mask back on while you leave the salon.
After your treatment:
- Card payments preferred. We are still excepting cash however please use contactless payment where possible. If you need to use the card machine this will be sanitised before and after every use.
- Retail. Our retail area will still be open to allow for the purchase of products and our team will be able to assist you with your purchases, please do continue to abide by safe distancing rules and allow a member of the team to get the products from the shelves for you.
All these procedures have been implemented for your safety and that of our team. These measures are intended to manage risk and cannot be assumed to completely eliminate the risk of contracting the virus. We will continue to monitor the government’s advice and we will amend our new protocols, as necessary.
We truly value your continued support to enable us to be able to provide our services and to allow our business to continue to thrive in these difficult times. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
The Urban Sanctuary